In light of the new developments related to COVID-19, as precautionary steps, it has been decided to suspend all non-worship related events such as lectures, oratorical festivals, parish dinners, youth events, Bible Study, Religious Education, Greek School classes and Senior Citizens meetings until further notice.
Church services will be held as scheduled with proper ongoing cleaning and disinfecting procedures in place.
Per directive of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, it is recommended that people who are ill not attend services, but participate via television or the internet.
We also ask your cooperation for the good of all at this time:
- Upon entering the cathedral, please disinfect hands
- Honor the Icons and Blessing Cross by bowing
- Parishioners are asked to bring their own Liturgy books from home, or to access Ages Initiatives (“Ages DCS” for Digital Chant Stand), the Application for computers, tablets and smart phones for accessing or downloading all worship services throughout the liturgical year.
- Antidoron (Blessed bread) will only be cut by one person wearing protective gloves, and will be distributed by the clergy also wearing gloves, to each person who will be asked to open their hands and receive the bread.
- Clergy will not offer their hands to be reverenced and will refrain from touching the faithful either through handshakes or an embrace.
- The Eucharist will be distributed as per usual.
We will continue to monitor this public health crisis carefully, following any further directives by the Archdiocese together with the guidance of the CDC, the State of CT and City of Hartford.
During these challenging times we, as a community of faith gathered in the Name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, should remain hopeful, prayerful and vigilant.
May Our Lord and the Patron Saints of our Cathedral be with you and your families.
- GEORGE GREEK ORTHODOX CATHEDRAL